Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Back from traveling

My apologies for the lack of blog posts over the last ten days. I’ve been traveling across India, seeing a couple more cities, and widening my understanding of this country I’ve come to love. This required my estrangement from this thing called the internet we are so dependant upon. But I’m back, with lots of journal entries to feed a series of posts from my travels.

Each city had a distinct feel, unique from where I’ve been staying. I traveled with three others. We took the train to Mumbai and then to Jaipur; however, because of the lack of a direct train we flew back from Jaipur. As we landed and collected our baggage from the same carousel I used upon my arrival two months ago, my mind was carried back in time remembering that day and how different it felt. There was awe, bewilderment, uncertainty; I didn’t know what I was doing or where I was going. Now, in their own way, much of the same feelings are there, yet they are engulfed in a film of familiarity that is a welcome relief. As the taxi neared my room I had the feeling of one who has been on a journey for a long time and coming to the last mile before home.

1 comment:

lori seevers said...

Yeah, you're back!! Looking forward to reading what you learned/processed. Blessings to you!