Tuesday, October 15, 2013

John 14:16-17


Y’shua has me on a journey of searching the scriptures for an understanding of the Holy Spirit. I keep being surprised by places the Spirit is referenced that I’ve never noticed before. The following is one verse I’ve landed on recently, followed by my paraphrase of it after I picked it apart and studied it in the Strong’s.

John 14:16-17
“I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; that is the Spirit of truth whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.”

I have determined (and therefore it will happen) to beseech and interrogate the Father, and He will commit to bestow and bring forth in you an Intercessor, Consoler, and Advocate who will come between you and any attack, that He may be joined together with you in companionship forever; that is the unconcealed breath of God whom the world with its orderly arrangements and decorations cannot accept, be amazed by, or get a hold of, because it does not look closely or gaze with wide-open eyes upon Him. But you are aware of the Spirit and gaze with wide-open eyes as at something remarkable because He dwells and tarries, staying in one place with you, creating a union, resemblance, and possession of you (you are His) in a fixed position (He will not leave you) and relation of rest.

No comments: