Saturday, November 6, 2010

Finding Family

Right now I'm staying with an Indian family for a change. I'm sure I'll have at least slightly more profound things to say later, but for now suffice to say that I'm learning how to cook Indian food, playing with children that could be my siblings but with darker skin, knitting hearts with an Indian wife and mother, and making myself at home. I'm enjoying the kilometer walk to campus every day, sharing my foreign toothpaste with two curious children, and joining our hearts in prayer each night. It feels good to be welcomed, loved, expected and cared for. Thank you Abba for families, for India, for dusty streets and night traffic, for smiles, laughter and chapatti with paneer. Thank for your presence and the privilege to stay and savor these four more weeks.

No comments: